story, more for my memory than anything:) I couldn't sleep Saturday night so finally about 3:00 AM I got up and watched a couple movies. We went to church at 11, and then I headed off to be to work by 2. My water broke about 6:00 PM on Sunday June 3rd (while at work of course), I was glad I had gone into labor on my own. Only problem- NO contractions. I didn't want Pitocin because I had heard that makes labor harder and I had wanted to try and go without an epidural. Finally around 10:00 PM we decided to go ahead and get the pit drip since nothing was really happening still. I did good until about 1:00 AM and then all of a sudden my contractions wouldn't stop- no breaks in between, I couldn't catch my breath and I was shaking like crazy. My nurse came in and talked to me and I decided to go ahead and get an epidural. I was able to relax and rest a little bit then and things went smoothly from then on. I was ready to go at 7:00 AM, they had me start pushing at 8:00 Am and Kaleb arrived at 10:02 AM on Monday June 4th. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. I of course started crying the second he got here- I couldn't believe he was actually here, I had really just had a baby! Jeff had the HUGEST smile on his face and kept going back of forth between me and the baby.
We were all ready to head home on Tuesday, but then Kaleb's pediatrician called and said that he wanted us to stay another night. Kaleb's Bili was high, he had had a few high temperatures, and where my water had been broke for 16 hours before he was born, the chances for infection and what not were higher for him. So we stayed another night, they checked him in the morning and his Bili had gone up again but not so much that they were too concerned so they let us go home at last! It was so good to get home with him, we were all able to get better rest, and definitely better food!
I am so glad to have Kaleb in our little family, he was such a good baby and is still such a good little boy. We are so blessed to have him with us. Every single day I just look at him and tell him how much I love him. He makes me so happy.
Welcome baby!
8 lbs. 6 oz.
Scrubba-dub!
Cheese
All ready to go
We definitely broke this habit!
I think Kaleb had a pretty fun 1st birthday. He wasn't too in to opening the presents, but it was fun to watch him try when he would. My parents and Adelyn and her kids came over for lunch, then we did presents and had cake and ice cream. When we took the cake to Kaleb with the candle lit, he grabbed the candle to put it out :) He really enjoyed eating the cake though-he sure knows how to make a mess of himself! Later we took him out to firehouse for dinner with some friends, he likes the bread a lot, and he enjoyed the pizza too. He sure is one spoiled little boy- thanks everyone for coming and for all his gifts!
His Tonka Truck birthday cake
He got wax on his hand from
grabbing the candle and it was
really bothering him!
Yummy cake
He likes to get pushed in his
new truck!
He figured out how to push it too
He was cheesing it really good for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment