Okay, so they were in last Thursday, but we went out of town so I am just now getting back to ya!
If you guessed boy, you were right! And as it turns out, if you guessed girl, you were also right! Yep-two babies, twins!!!
I'm sure that the reality of it will hit us sooner or later, but for right now we are still just on a high about it, at least I am!
This is how we found out: as we are starting the ultrasound...
Tech: if we can tell, do you want to know what the gender is?
Me: Yes
Tech: both of them?
Me: REALLY?!?!
Tech: look at the screen (there are two heads on the screen)
About this time Jeff notices something is going on(he had been getting the kids situated) and was like wait, what?
They were surprised that we didn't already know, but where I am going to a family practice Dr., I didn't have the initial ultrasound. So we had no idea. Now I guess I'll get to have more ultrasounds! YAY!
I don't know if Kaleb and Jenna truely understand what is going on. When someone asked him if he was going to have a new brother or sister he said: "ummmm both" like it was no big deal. I don't think Jenna really caught on that I had one baby in my tummy, so pretty sure she doesn't get that there are two. Oh how her world is going to come crashing down in January!
I am hoping that I can get her potty trained before the arrive, buying 2 sets of diapers is a big enough pain, but THREE??!! No thanks! Any suggestions on how to get her to have at least an ounce of interest in it?
I also realized the other day, that if you are supposed to get new car seats every 5 years, that our infant car seat and the one that Jenna is in right now, are about to expire. That means 3 new car seats. OUCH!
Anywho...I am just rambling now :) We are so thrilled and hoping that everything continues to go well!!
5 comments:
WOW!!!! I'm so excited for you!
Don't stress! FYI- Baby's R Us is having a deal, bring in your old car seats (doesn't matter the condition) and they will give you a coupon for 25% off new stuff...I think. I am not for sure the details, but we did that last year with our old carrier and traded it in for a new car seat, since the 5 year expiration was up. Here is the info. Good luck!!
http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4346706&ab=Bru_homepage_aspot:1:Our-Biggest-Trade-In-Event-Ever
I honestly don't worry too much about the expiration date on the carseats. If they haven't been in a car accident, that's what is most important.
Jenna is 2, right? If she isn't interested, she might not be ready. I bought the little kid potty & put it in the bathroom. Then, when I'd go potty, I'd take whichever kid was potty training with me and we'd go together. At least that way they get the idea that it's there and what the purpose is of it. After they get use to the idea I try & take them in every 30-60 min. or so and sit them on it (without me going too) and have them try. Once they can do that then we start putting underwear on and trying it that way. The underwear on is where my Caleb is. I still put pull ups on him at night and if we go anywhere. Otherwise he's in his undies and nothing else - that way I don't have an enormous pile of laundry at the end of the day!
Good luck!
CRAZY!!! But so darn exciting! Seriously, so fun! Congrats, congrats!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO fun:)
Post a Comment