09 November 2008

Come Again?

So I guess this post kinda goes along with the last one... Today in church I heard some things I thought pretty interesting, and of course felt the need to share. (You're all thrilled, right?)

When I was in the library getting some copies and pictures and other materials for my class, some one told me I was going to have a baby (no, are you sure?) She finally knew for sure I was going to because 1. I have a cold and 2. My lips look pregnant (huh?) Now I wasn't in anyway offended by this, but, should I have been? So I continued on to class with my lips tucked in, later looking in the mirror to see what she meant by pregnant lips.

While walking down the hall towards the Relief Society room, one of my good friends (who is also pregnant- due in February) told me that another sister from our Relief Society said something along the following lines to her... "You still have 3 months left? You're huge!" WOW how kind of her to tell her that :)

After church while hunting down Jeff and Kaleb, my husbands cousin comes up and asks "What are you doing here?"
me:"Well I came to brighten my week with some Gospel Power... "
him: "I thought you'd be in the hospital or something"
me: "Yeah, I wish"
him: "When are you due again?"
me: "The 20th"
him" Oh, we'll see you next week then!"

Ha Ha. I sure hope not, but chances are, with my luck, that I will still be around...

Anyway. Just remember to try and consider the mental/emotional fragility of us pregnant people- we probably tend to take things in an opposite way of what you mean when you say it!

I know it is probably hard to believe, but we aren't all as confident in our glamorous selves as Demi :)






5 comments:

brittany.leigh said...

your lips really are the main thing that leads me to believe you're preg. and demi needs to put some cloths on.

Lexi said...

hahaha pregnant lips? there's a new one!

Chris, Elyse & Kaitlyn Harris said...

DOn't worry I hate these people too!!! Some one the other day asked if i was pregnant in my butt.....!!! ummmm NO, I can still fit in my pre-pregnancy pants thank you! I am as ready as you are to get our babies out so people dont' give us "comments" any more!

Unknown said...

Jeff didn't like your prego pic from Kaleb of your belly... how does he like Demi?
I wonder if you or Lexi will be first?

Anonymous said...

Wow... Demi is a little daring. I'm glad you don't do that!