01 December 2011

Plans

I don't really know why we try to make plans, they always change! I had planned on being able to go to the Logan Temple tonight when our niece went through to receive her endowment. I also planned on going to the Salt Lake Temple on Saturday when she gets sealed to her fiance.  But I wasn't able to go tonight, and I'm pretty positive I won't be going on Saturday either. Pretty bummed about it, but it will be fine.
I had totally planned on carrying these babies until 37-38 weeks, being able to take care of my family, get my Christmas shopping done, set up Christmas decorations, and just not have really any problems.  I knew there was always a chance that things would change a little bit, but I was still optimistic.  
Now, though, I don't really have any plans. Well I guess I sorta do. My plan is to sit here in a hospital bed until the babies come.  I hope that they don't come for a few weeks, but the Doctor said he would be surprised if I went longer than a week more.  I was having more contractions and such on Wednesday, so we came in(Luckily Jeff was driving down and just met me here). My Dr. was the one on call so we got to see and talk to him a bit. I was dilate to a 3 and 70% effaced and still contracting so he wanted to keep me over night. This morning they checked me again and I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced, I was the same when they checked again at 1 pm and haven't been checked since, hopefully there hasn't been any more progress! 
So now I guess the "plan" is to just hang out until the babies are born, tomorrow, next week, 3 weeks, who really knows how long, any one got a crystal ball they could check? The Dr said that since I've had kids before, a 3 is big enough that a small head could come right out on its own...that we do not want, if it does happen, it's probably better that it happens here at the hospital rather than at home!  So most likely babies will be in the NICU for a while. If they have to be on a ventilator for more than 3 days, they have to go to salt lake. Unless there is something serious when they come out that they don't see on ultrasound, we should be able to keep them here in Logan with us. I pray that they will be able to stay here, that BOTH of them will. I don't know how we'd do it if we had one in Logan and one in Salt Lake.  Even thought they will be early, I am still confident that everything is going to work out just fine.  The sitting and waiting is hard, but it is what is best for these little babes, we want them to be as healthy as possible! I'll try to keep updates up as they come, I think I'll be able to squeeze a few minutes out of might schedule to do it :) Please pray for these little babies to be strong and healthy when they come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin I hope everything goes ok for you. You are right that it is better for them to come while you are at the hospital rather than at home. I can feel your boredom though! I hope you have a good stack of books, movies or some other kind of project! We'll be thinking of you!

Natalie said...

Oh heavens--you are constantly in my thoughts. We will be praying for healthy babies to come in 3 weeks! :)