No pictures today. The way the babies are, they couldn't get their faces on the ultrasound. Baby boy has his head clear down and face towards the back. Baby girl's head/face is covered by baby boy's legs/feet. I thought about taking a picture of myself, but it seems that I am just too lazy to get up off the couch and do so.
Both babies look excellent! Baby boy measures about 4 lbs 14 oz and baby girl measures about 5 lbs 3 oz! Their hearts are beating good, they are "breathing" really well and of course, growing! The girl is pretty much head down now too, just on the side, so chances are pretty good that we won't have to do a c-section!! Woo hoo!!! The ultrasound tech was a bit surprised by how big baby boy's head is already. It measured about 35 weeks 5 days :) It's in the genes I'm afraid, both Kaleb and Jenna had big noggins...but they are both geniuses so....
I saw the Dr. after the ultrasound and he was really pleased with how well the babies are doing. I am still dilated to a 3, so that hasn't changed luckily, but if I start having regular contractions again they'll probably put me into labor and they won't try to stop it at this point. He said the farthest he'd have me go is 37 weeks, which is December 30th, which is only 3 weeks from now! But he thinks I'll probably go before then. I'm still on bed rest basically, but he said I can do a little bit more now. I know that it is best for them to stay in a cook a little bit longer, but I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable. 10lbs of babies in there! Crazy to think that if I was just having one baby I wouldn't even be thinking about it being here any day, I'd still have a good month left and be carrying on like normal. Two babies just changes it all! The Dr. said that 35-36 weeks is about normal for twins, so maybe another week and they'll "pop out" as my kids say :)
Whenever they do come, I just hope they are nice and healthy!! Anyone by chance found that crystal ball so we might have a better idea of when that day might be?? ;)
1 comment:
Just think...you have 2 babies that equal ten pounds. I had 1 baby that equaled ten pounds....hmmm...not sure who's getting the better deal! Good luck!
Post a Comment