26 January 2009

Nurses Maid returns

Unwanted. Uninvited. Unwelcome. It had been over a year, until today. Poor Kaleb, I felt so bad. However, I think I cried more than he did. Luckily Jeff works close by so he was able to run home to the rescue. Though I have done it before, I couldn't take care of it this time- I didn't want him to hurt anymore than he already was. Jeff is stronger than me and did a great job. I don't know why it is called a nurses maid, but it is a dislocated elbow and this makes number 4 for my little man. We didn't think that Jeff had been successful at getting it back in so we were preparing to take him over to the Dr., when Jeff went in the other room Kaleb jumped up and started acting just fine! We watched him for a bit and he wasn't favoring it or acting hurt at all. So he went with Jeff back to the farm for a little while until lunch, like nothing ever happened. I guess we aren't out of the woods with his elbows after all... :( He seems to take after his mother in the joint department, hopefully this will be the worst of it for him- my heart can't take it!


Here he is a few minutes afterwards- he got his dad
to push him around in his truck :)
Then while I was feeding Jenna they were in
Kalebs room playing, and this is what I found later
(yep Jeff's asleep:))

And Kaleb was putting Jenna's diapers on
his little snoopy dog- it's the closest
thing to a doll we've got!


Some more random pictures:


a few days ago he wasn't feeling good, and
after I changed his diaper he fell asleep like this!
The little stink is in to dumping things out...




3 comments:

Lexi said...

Oh man that sounds awful! I wouldn't be able to do it either. Poor little guy. I like the new look of your blog, it's way cute. By the way, how far apart are Kaleb and Jenna in age?

Natalie said...

Well crap...that just stinks about poor Kaleb! Poor kid! It's been awhile since I've read any blogs, but loved seeing all the new pictures. You really should have posted the pictures of the AWESOME quilt you just made in 2 days while taking care of 2 kids! You never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the nice comment about my RS lesson. You're two sweet!

Greg, Garrett, and I are all sick, but as soon as we're better, we really need to hang out. I've missed you!

P.S. Can I PLEASE have Jenna?

Unknown said...

I am sorry that happened again :( Poor Kaleb and Mommy. I would cry too. Are you still coming for the bball game? I'll watch your kids if you want me to.