10 July 2010

Jeff! Get your shotgun....

Yep, that's what I hollered as I ran from the garage to the front room to find Jeff.

Rewind to a week and a half ago.  5:00 a.m. in the bathroom getting ready for work. I heard something in the garage and just assumed it was my cats getting into stuff.  I go out to get into the car and see what I assume is my cat hide behind the stuff stacked in the corner. I hesitated a little, took a couple steps, and saw not my cat, but a raccoon poke it's head out of the stuff!  It ran under my car. I froze for a minute, then when I took a step it took off outside.  That explained why I went through a bag of cat food so stinkin' fast!!

Fast forward back to tonight.  We get home from Jeff's sister's house about 10:45 p.m.  Get the kids into bed, and I go to feed the cats. (I have been storing the cat food inside since the raccoon sighting.)  I set the bowl down and one of the kitties goes to start eating...I hear a weird noise and the cat starts hissing...I turned back around and saw 2 raccoons, and then another run in right to the food...just like I set it there for them!  At which point I hollered the previously mentioned phrase to Jeff.  He was just like what?? I told him there were 3 raccoons in the garage and he came to look with me.  Turns out there were really 4!!!  AAAHHHH!!  And it turns out Jeff's gun is not at our house, and we didn't have any shells anyway ;) 

I got a few pictures...but they aren't great as I was hiding behind the door sticking my arm out trying to get them....give me a break, when you've got 4 creatures in your garage that may or may not be rabid and could attack you and bit you, you might hide too!!

*oh and don't mind the mess behind them...the cats usually hide in there and Kaleb decided he wanted to get them out yesterday and everything fell over...and is still sitting there*


Earlier today we cut up and enjoyed some yummy watermelon!
What can I say, I've got adorable kiddos!!


1 comment:

whitney said...

4!! Raccoons! That's insane! I'd definitely be hiding behind the door too.